Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes!!

Lilly has a new cake decorating book, and one of the ideas she loved was to make cupcakes USING ICE CREAM CONES..!! I told her we already did that -- and it was kind of a fail.

She did not believe me. BUT I HAVE THE PICTURE TO PROVE IT...
Turns out, Lilly has absolutely no memory of ALL THAT CRAP I DID WITH HER THE YEAR SHE WAS FOUR!!
I can't tell you how depressing that is.

REALLY??

NO RECOLLECTION AT ALL??

I GET ABSOLUTELY NO CREDIT FOR ALL THOSE YEARS OF ACTIVITIES AND SPECIAL EVENTS??

DOES THIS MEAN WARREN WON'T REMEMBER THE TRAIN RIDE TO CHICAGO??

Gheesh...I'm beginning to wish I'd had my boys when I was a teenager. We'd be SOO MUCH FURTHER ALONG with this Grandma thing....

So, I pushed "replay" on the cupcake in an ice cream cone idea...

An ice cream scoop seemed like the perfect way to get the cake batter into the cones...

So far, so good...
Yeah, it's all starting to come back to me...as the cake baked, it sort of melts down the side of the cone...
But, hey, who cares? At this point, Lilly is 8 years old, and she is all about the DECORATING..!! So we set her up on the porch, with some frosting, sprinkles etc.
We put a lot of our toppings in a cupcake pan.
Alexander Hamilton was on hand to supervise...
Lilly LOVES this cake decorating business.
Obviously -- a puppy face...
Warren frosted a cupcake, then ate the frosting...
He frosted the same cupcake again...and again...and again...
Here's even MORE PROOF, LILLY...you were three years old when we tried this the first time...
This time around, Lilly had so much patience. I WAS IMPRESSED...then, she was off to deliver cupcakes to Uncle Calvin and Aunt Jeanne!
She gave me the BEST cupcake, of course.
Maybe THIS TIME Lilly will remember we did it, eh?  And IT'S A GOOD THING I TOOK A PICTURE OF WARREN, RIGHT?

No comments:

Post a Comment