Tuesday, September 26, 2017

My Day with Anne

You know how I like my life...every single day of the week has it's own job or activity: Monday, Cleaning, Tuesday, TMBC...etc.

Thursday is often my DAY OFF. I try to make that my Weekly Special Day. I am FREE TO DO whatever I want...and that often means hooking up with a friend, making a day trip, or spending the entire day in my basement, listening to a book on tape and SEWING...

Last week, I had one of my favorite Day's Off.  I went to Iowa City to meet my young friend, Anne...We meet at the Goodwill Store, just off I-80.   That way, no matter who arrives first, there is no boring waiting..(it was at our second stop where I found my new POPOVER PAN)..
Some of the treasures we find become a permanent part of our lives (NOT these pants!)
Soooo true, eh?
This piece of original art says, Í'VE DECIDED TO BE HAPPY"...and I love it, love it, love it...it's had a place of honor on my living room wall since the day I brought it home four years ago.
I always think of Anne when I see that bird art on my wall.  She could have it as her life motto...
Last year, during Mary's visit, we hooked up with Anne and her daughter Sarah. Fast forward -- Sarah is in high school now, and her friends are coming to her house to try on dresses for Homecoming. This one will be snatched up in a hurry!! (There are worse things than having a box full of formal dresses in your closet)..
Last week, Anne found several more dressy dresses (SO MUCH FUN -- and only $5 each.!!)...and I had an entire trunk full of treasure. (there was a large picture frame, a popover pan, three jackets for Nancy H., four puzzles, a Land's End coat...well, you get the idea...)

Today -- do yourself a favor -- PLAN A DAY TRIP with a girl friend.  And, if you can, try to find one who's much "younger" than you....!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment