Monday, March 20, 2017

Another NYC Flashback within a Flashback!!

Another old post about New York City...(even though I'm home now, I'll probably be in a coma for several days -- so I PRE-POSTED some old blogs so you won't be completely disappointed...)
****************
I've talked about my friend Sandy before...she started out as my hairdresser. The turning point in our friendship was when she made me the official tour guide of our 2009 trip to New York City!!
You know how much I love THIS particular shoe shot...me, Sandy, Evelyn, Carol and our Rockefeller Docent...
This is Sandy -- during our lunch at Tavern On The GREEN...we couldn't possibly know that this fabulous world class landmark restaurant would CLOSE by the end of the year...
Me, Evelyn, Sandy and Carol. It was the first New York City trip for the three of them -- and I LOVED BEING their official tour guide...
Of course, I take EVERYBODY TO ELLEN'S STARDUST DINER...and I cannot remember ever having a better time.
Back in our regular Iowa lives -- we love to get together and catch up.  I invited them over for a summer lunch...and OF COURSE, I GOT OUT MY BEST PORCH/PLASTIC DISHES...
I made a wonderful spinach salad (with strawberries and a rotisserie chicken..).
Fresh melon and grilled cheese sandwiches rounded out the menu.  I cannot tell you how delighted I am to own a plastic serving platter shaped like a fish...
With this group -- THERE WILL BE WINE...(the wine glasses are real)
Of course, the purpose of the lunch was to unveil the sofa I sewed this summer...
For dessert, I served ice cream treats...lol... I love these women. Sandy, Carol and Evelyn grew up together. By the time I met them, they had all lost their husbands.  I call them the Merry Widows. Their lives have not been easy -- but they survived, made adjustments, accepted very difficult changes and they help each other to make the most of each day.

Spending time with them is always a joyful thing for me. They make me laugh, they make me think, and they make me grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment