Saturday, January 28, 2017

MARY'S HERE, MARY'S HERE...

Mary arrived on Thursday, and I did my best to write some blog posts BEFORE she arrived. But, if there is a bit of a lapse, that simply means I'm too busy living my life to write about it...

This post was SUPPOSED to come up on Saturday -- the day I had planned to take Mary to Iowa City.  I put Anne in charge of our Iowa City adventure...AND IT ALL WENT VERY, VERY WELL.  (Except that this blog didn't publish as planned.)

Anyway -- As you know -- in preparation for Mary's visit, I took scores of bags, FULL OF STUFF, to the Goodwill Stores, or Salvation Army locations in Bettendorf, Clinton and Davenport.   Depending on what I was doing on a particular day -- I delivered bags full of recycled treasure to six thrift stores in two counties...

The house looks great.

But here's the problem....

When Mary comes for a visit -- we do lots of thrift store shopping...and I COULD VERY EASILY END UP BUYING BACK MY OWN JUNK... it almost happened to me once last week...

So, I've decided we need to drive an hour away to do our shopping...at least as far as Iowa City.

You NEVER know what kind of treasure we might find in our travels.
Sometimes, we even run into people we know at our favorite thrift stores.
This vintage velvet cloak inspired a new sewing pattern!
Oh, yeah, now that I have more room to put stuff -- THERE WILL BE SOME TREASURE HUNTING GOING ON...
And if I have to drive to another state to do it -- well, then -- SO BE IT..!

WE DID IT...Iowa City did NOT DISAPPOINT.  Besides having a kick-ass university, and a world-class hospital -- Iowa City, Iowa is the thrift capitol of the world.  WE HAD A GREAT TIME...

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had great fun thrifting! And Rita, you look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete