Saturday, February 28, 2015

Sew Expo Weekend

Yesterday, I wrote a little  blog post about Eileen's gift-giving philosophy.  I am a big fan of Eileen Roche, and it was a BIG DAY for her -- she and Marie were presenting their show for the Friday Night LIVE event in Puyallup.  However, I am worried that I hurt somebody's feelings...and I AM SO SORRY.  To the busy young Mom who received the chevron Parisian maxi dress -- I NEVER DREAMED YOU WOULD READ THIS BLOG. 

Yikes.

OF COURSE YOU ARE BUSY.....I completely understand that....and you do not owe me a thing.  You are a kind, generous person who helped a friend with a contribution to his moving fund.  YOU ARE WONDERFUL...and it took me months to get all the maxi dresses delivered....you didn't do anything wrong....

For Crying Out Loud, I write this blog EVERY DAMNED DAY...and sometimes -- who are we kidding??  I just talk out loud...it's like yada yada yada....blah, blah, blah....

HEY -- NOBODY EVER LISTENS TO ME!! 

On the one hand -- I am SO DELIGHTED THAT you read my blog, babe!!  But -- on the other hand -- OMG...I wanted to put up the pictures of the Mommy & me dresses...but doing that, then sharing Eileen's advice was never, ever meant to make you feel bad...

YOU ARE A WONDERFUL, warm, generous person (...I already said that...crap....)

***************

Here it is -- the weekend for Sew Expo in Puyallup, Washington. And while ya'll are out there, having a wonderful time, enjoying the rain and the scones -- it was 20 degrees BELOW zero here in Iowa today.

YIKES...

Thanks for all your kind emails, text messages and phone calls this week.  I miss you, too!!  But I am sure you are having a wonderful time...

AND Connie and Laura -- I heard you did a great job for the Sewing Sisters last night!!  I could almost hear the laughter here in Iowa....


2 comments:

  1. We miss you at Sew Expo -- especially days like today, warm and sunny -- just like your smile! But reading your blog is the "next best thing"! Thanks for taking the time and posting pictures! Liz A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We may have had some drizzle and a little rain Thursday/Friday, but Saturday was sunny and 50. And Sunday is supposed to be sunny too :-)

    ReplyDelete