Friday, February 6, 2015

Singer Featherweight Love

HOLY COW...Ain't life a trip??

Mary was here for her annual visit -- and we had a GREAT time (lots more about that later)...

But the BIG NEWS was the blizzard we got on Sunday. We woke up to 20 inches of snow on the ground -- and blowing winds. My car was invisible because the branches from the tree I park under were so laden with snow, they created a cave...

So, we spent an entire day IN THE HOUSE...WE DIDN'T GO ANYWHERE...we spent the whole day working on our new show for Sewing Weekend. We got so much done. The show seems wonderful. Or were we punch drunk from cabin fever??  Criminy...come to think of it...

I'll let you know in May -- after the Sewing Weekend...

Anyway -- the reason I couldn't put up a blog post yesterday is because John, while trimming the aforementioned tree -- cut the Mediacom cable with the tree nippers...

It's a long story....

But here's what I'm working on now....
Remember the quilters in Waterloo??
My first time to see a Featherweight in action...
They even let me sew on it...
I was so impressed...I FELL IN LOVE...
Then, I BOUGHT ONE at an Estate Sale with Bert!!
I gave it to Lilly for Christmas...
And now I get to write an article for Inspired To Sew magazine. ALL ABOUT FEATHERWEIGHTS!!

Would you like to share YOUR Featherweight story??

Email me...ritafar@aol.com

**************
P. S.  Quit sending whiny emails about my laundry room photos.  I DID post them, as promised.  If you missed them, that means you don't actually read this blog every day...bummer...

2 comments:

  1. So, I follow assorted blogs, including yours, using NetworkedBlogs. I can still see your "before" laundry room photos on there, even though they are no longer visible here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it's true what they say. Once you put it out on the internet -- IT IS THERE FOREVER. I might die of embarrassment...no -- wait -- I'M THE ONE WHO DID IT. crap.

    ReplyDelete