Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Deborah's Sewing Obsession

Yesterday, I actually DID POST THE PICTURES OF my horrible disorganized, over-stuffed laundry  room.  But, I never said  was going to leave them up indefinitely....and, as it turns out, I was so embarrassed -- one day is all I could stand.  I kept my word.  But if you missed it -- TOO BAD...

************

I say this all the time -- but sewing is the BEST HOBBY IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD. It is. I don't care how much money you spend on your sewing equipment -- you will never approach the price of a Fishing Boat and motor.

And there are so many different types of sewing!!  I am completely into sewing t-shirt maxi-dresses. (as you well know). My sister Ronda is endlessly amused by sewing her flannel ragged edge quilts.
AND my sister Deborah is ALL ABOUT THE MACHINE EMBROIDERY...


My favorite picture of Deb. During our trip to NEW YORK CITY...


She came to Sew Expo in 2012
It was our big SISTERS TRIP -- and she embroidered all my jackets.
She loves Simon Haskins
And her embroidered garments are stunning.
She embroidered enough jackets for five days at the show.
Making an embroidered quilt for her granddaughter
Again, women who sew are the most generous people in the world. Deborah wanted to take her daughters and their daughters to New York City -- and she was determined to pay for everything.  Taking six people to New York City was a very expensive proposition.... I was honored to be their official tour guide...
Emily, Ally, Stacy, Glennda, Ally and Deb.
My sister Deb is a great example of DON'T PUT ANYTHING OFF. DO IT TODAY. GO WHERE YOU WANT TO GO. DO WHAT YOU MOST WANT TO DO. SEW. EMBROIDER. THEN GIVE IT ALL AWAY...
This trip was 5 years ago.  Yikes.  These girls are graduating from High School now...and I hope they always remember the time their Grandma Deb took them to New York City...
And I know I'm not telling you anything new...but the time really does fly by. Kids grow up. They go away. You only have a nanosecond to make those memories.

SO -- LET'S DO IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment