Friday, January 9, 2015

SEW much t-shirt fun!!

There is always t-shirt stuff going on at my house. Of course, the BIG THRILL is finding them in the first place. Although I do enjoy the laundering -- and the actual sewing is the WHOLE POINT...

The truth is -- the constant sorting and organizing my huge assortment of t-shirts is an onerous job. How to organize them? According to color, topic, plain, pattern, pithy words? Level of sarcasm? You can see it's a big job...and the sheer size of my collection is sucking the joy out of my hobby...

So, I'm going to remind myself where the fun lives...
I love making a Christmas dress...

And that means cutting up some plain t-shirts for fringe...
One day, when she needs it, I'll use this t-shirt to make a nightgown for Lilly...
The small, green piece of fabric says: Let me drop everything so I can work on YOUR problem.
Main quote: Jump from the cliff to fly not to fall...(love it)
This was John's favorite shirt. It's lost in the basement...it is a hopeless job. I ordered a new one from Amazon
Although it's funny -- every time I think I'm going to use it, I fear insulting a friend...
And if you were wearing THIS t-shirt in a dress -- wouldn't you be insulting everybody you meet?
YES -- it is difficult to live on top of a t-shirt mountain this big. I have to remind myself why I do it. Because I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the actual making of a dress...finding just the right quote or shirt, then making a unique, one-of-a-kind dress that hits all the right notes...
I made this dress as a Christmas gift for a friend's mother. Note the 3-D pocket. She is an English teacher, and the panel on the front of the dress is a picture of Mark Twain. The words say, "If heaven went on merit, you would not go, but your dog would."

No comments:

Post a Comment