Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Lilly's Sewing Room

For Christmas, I decided to give Lillian her own "sewing room" at Grandma's house. The actual GAME I used to deliver the present will be another post...

The problem, of course, is that we live in a small house, Ross has moved back in so he can attend nursing school, and we don't have a spare room or any extra space.

So, the challenge was to carve out a little sewing room that would look like it belonged to Lilly...

I sew in a corner of our basement -- and my area is PILED HIGH on any given day of the week...ugh...
I decided to hang a curtain rod, to give the area some privacy...These two Christmas wall-hanging quilts seemed like the perfect holiday divider....
When Lilly walked through the curtain -- she saw a hot pink plastic swivel chair...sitting at a small typing table...
And THERE was the little Janome sewing machine I gave her last year (which we only used once all year because she didn't have a sewing room!)
Her chair will be right next to me.
So -- the big question is -- HOW DO YOU GIVE A LITTLE GIRL a gift that is just a space?? Hummm?? Maybe a game? A scavenger hunt? Oh, yeah -- this is going to be fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment