Monday, January 19, 2015

Laundry Room Update

So -- I am making progress on my laundry room redo. Here are some pictures of the "Before" situation. My basement is completely unfinished -- so it's a wide open space, with no walls. I have "areas" instead of "rooms". And I'm fine with that.

Our house was built in 1981, and the basement walls are poured cement, with wood furring strips every 24". The discoloration on the rigid foam insulation was there when we removed the wood forms.
You can see why I was embarrassed to post these pictures. This is so BUTT-UGLY...I can't believe it didn't bother me before now...
There is a narrow wire table between the washer and dryer.  Big enough for a trash can, laundry detergents and products...
Because of all the required plumbing -- there's no way a conventional WALL treatment will work...
To put up sheet rock or paneling would cost a fortune, and I am not the least bit interested in doing that level of work...
I can't paint it, or use wallpaper...so -- the answer has got to be FABRIC -- right??
A good place to start would be to hang a shower curtain...if only I had an zebra shower curtain....just laying around in my basement, waiting to be assigned it's purpose in life. Oh -- wait...
AND, I could use some of my pithy t-shirts to make it more interesting...hummm...
I AM SOOO LOVING THIS.  Next Monday, I should be making some real progress!!

No comments:

Post a Comment