Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The OLD Porch Glider

This summer has been the story of my own, personal slow stitching project (Mark Lipinski would be so proud!). I've spent two months remodeling and restyling my Salvation Army porch sofa.

 I cannot remember the last time I tackled such a big job.

There was buying and then HAULING the new sofa to my house...then, loading up an again HAULING the old glider back to the same thrift store...

I loved the way the porch looked in 2009. I made new slipcovers for the aluminum glider set from the 50's (these are old fashioned cushions with metal springs)...
A week after taking the glider to the Salvation Army -- it was the new favorite break spot for employees. I drove by three times before I could get this picture...(with nobody sitting there, smoking)

As a part of the porch project, I am also rethinking the tables....
And after three years of sitting outside, totally ignored and useless...this cement sculpture may finally find a home on the porch...
THE PORCH LOOKS STUNNING....I AM SO PROUD OF ME...all the work I did, all the mistakes I made, all the patience it required...then, actually letting GO of so many things I used to treasure...

This is Tuesday, July 22,  and I have invited my book clubbers to come for breakfast on the porch for the actual UNVEILING. 

Carrie came yesterday and, as always, cleaned the house and helped me finish up the final details on the porch.   She moved the table, put the zebra rug in place...and, well....honestly...it's the best work I've ever done. 

AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SHOW YOU...

1 comment: