Monday, July 28, 2014

Porch Sofa REVEAL

The SMARTEST decision I made at the beginning of this sofa project was to PAINT the ugly flowered sofa fabric instead of trying to re-upholster it. OMG...

THIS WAS SO EASY. And the result was sooo good. Beyond my wildest expectations. Two coats of plain old blue flat interior wall paint turned the crappy fabric into a washable canvas. Linda B. asked me if the fabric felt rough...and after two coats, it seems very sturdy and washable to me.  I was DELIGHTED with the way it turned out...
Hey -- this sofa is probably 30 years old -- and it sits very soft...so I added this board (which I conveniently found in my basement -- big surprise...)
This would be one configuration for the big cushions...
And, they each have a small cushion companion...right?
But then, I'd probably never set it up that way...
I love the patchwork side of the small cushions...
And the possibilities do seem endless...
A few throw pillows -- and I'm ready for a nap!!
Tomorrow -- you'll see who came to my PORCH PARTY -- for the BIG REVEAL...

No comments:

Post a Comment