Who am I kidding?? Nobody enjoys the vast television wasteland more than me. Please don't send me an email telling me I should be ashamed of myself. I am not. As a matter of fact -- I refuse to be judged.
I am addicted to crappy television shows -- here is my 2014 summer short list:
- Sister Wives (I think polygamy should be legal everywhere...maybe even required in some places -- except it would be one wife with multiple husbands in Alaska)
- American Ninja Warrior (who comes up with these obstacles?? Soooo weird...)
- Breaking Amish (you've gotta love 350 lb. Mary slinging back vodka shots in all her Amish garb...including the white linen bonnet...)
- America's Got Talent (is having a great year!)
- The Goldbergs (the BEST show on television right now -- I feel like I am living a parallel life)
- Real Housewives of New York City (I am totally a Heather fan)
- Fixer Upper (on HGTV -- I love these Texans)
- Hoarding (this show makes me feel good about my housekeeping)
- Real Housewives of Orange County (What do you think Shannon's husband does for a living?)
- Naked and Afraid (one very odd show -- I cannot believe it is BACK for a new season...hey, if some woman is willing to get naked in front of a strange man and walk into the wilderness, it is my job to watch)...
Writing this post made me happy...is that a bad thing?
OR -- maybe it just proves something I have long believed....the real key to happiness is lowered expectations...
Because the way I figure it, I also love Downton Abby -- but if I waited for THAT kind of television, I'd only be happy 8 days out of the whole year....