Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Is Today Tomorrow?

Okay, okay...I wrote a post saying I was going to blog tomorrow...which should have been Tuesday. Then, I didn't do it...so the big question was, "Is today tomorrow?"

I've been thinking about that all day. Like most questions, there is not one exact right answer. It's a matter of opinion...or perspective....

On one hand, of course today is not tomorrow. They are two very different things. But, on the other hand -- every today used to be a tomorrow. And, obviously, every tomorrow will grow up to become a today.

You can see why I haven't been blogging....

My thoughts keep getting wrapped around the axle (Sandy used that phrase at breakfast, and I've been wanting to use it all day...)

So, what have I been doing with all the time I've NOT been spending on my blog? Well -- there's Pinterest, of course. Hours of mindless entertainment...some pins are funny, some tasty, some are even wise...AND SOME EVEN MAKE YOU THINK...
Here is my list of simple things that make me happy....

  • The smell of my coffee, brewing first thing in the morning...
  • White, crispy cotton sheets, dried on the line...
  • Having a project to sew.
  • Having somebody to cook a meal for.
  • The pubic library.
  • Books on tape.
  • Having my own car...which I can drive aimlessly around, listening to a good book on tape...eating BBQ potato chips and Casey's bacon pizza...
  • Monday is my Carrie Day....and she cleans my house.
  • Tuesday I wake up in my clean house, and go to breakfast with my clubbers.
  • Local music theater...more about that later...
  • Having a puzzle table set up in the living room ALL THE TIME...
On Thursday and Friday I have Lillian and Warren. We cook, play, go to concerts with my friends, work on art projects, make things, do puzzles...they think I hung the moon...one smile can carry me for a whole day...
Before starting any baking or cooking, Lily says, "WE CAN'T FORGET OUR APRONS, Grandma!"...

No comments:

Post a Comment