Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas in New York City

I love to travel. I love to visit new places and see new things. And it is always a thrill for me when it comes BACK around...

And that happens every Christmas.  December 1997 was the first time I went to New York City...with my sisters and my cousin Kim....OH MY GOD...it was such a wonderful, memorable trip. I look at a picture of us every single morning. (it's in my bathroom) -- because it makes me SMILE...

The tree was magnificent.  Since that trip, every year when I watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade -- or the tree-lighting ceremony at Rockefeller Plaza -- I am snapped right back to those magical moments in New York City.. .spent with the women I most love in this world...and I AM SOOO GLAD I went whenever I had the chance.  I have since learned how to ride the subway, and take a bus...


My cousin Kim loved New York so much -- she could hardly wait to take her daughter, Carrie -- and it was wonderful to see it through her eyes. (that trip was before I had a digital camera -- do you have pictures, Kim??)

The last time I was in New York City during Christmas was in 2009 -- when my sister Deborah took ALL HER GIRLS. I was their unofficial tour guide. And we had a wonderful, wonderful time. (I was learning how to blog -- so there were LOTS OF PICTURES.)...



My BEST Christmas present this year involved a maxi dress (duh!). And the Christmas Tree at Rockefeller Center. AND a scavenger hunt....

I don't have any pictures yet -- but I AM HOPEFUL...and it's a great sewing story... 
*****************

P.S.  No baby yet...but it could happen ANY MINUTE NOW....this is sooo exciting...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment