Friday, December 14, 2012

ALWAYS Recycle Sparkle

In this picture -- you cannot see the beautiful sparkly snowflake on Lillian's black shirt. Of course, she covered it with a sticker we got at the bank drive-through window. So you'll have to take my word for it -- she LOVED the snowflake. But the shirt was too small...too short, and the sleeves were too tight. She needed help to pull it over her head.  I figured, no problem -- I SEW! I'll just make the shirt a little bigger...

But, sometimes, that's more trouble than it's worth. Instead -- I decided to transplant the wonderful sparkly snowflake onto YET ANOTHER VELVET DRESS...To really make it pop, I glued it down to a piece of red velvet...THEN I did some simple reverse applique... 

Yes, I am aware that having so many velvet dresses could warp a childhood...

But it's a risk I'm willing to take....

No comments:

Post a Comment