Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Muscatine, Iowa

During Mary's December visit -- she had a gig in Muscatine, Iowa. Just a few towns down the river...one of my favorite sewing machine shops...Neal's Sew & Vac...

They have the world's largest collection of toy sewing machines (that is my claim, not theirs -- but I think it could be true!)...

And one of the most gifted sewing machine repair guys in the industry....my friend Jerry...

And the always well-dressed Jeff...on this day, sporting actual "knickers"

Jeanette had a SOLD OUT audience for Mary's two presentations...

Including my book clubber -- Sandy -- who drove down from Davenport to attend...

Mary had a great time...she had lots of last minute gift ideas to share with the ladies of the Pearl City...(Muscatine is known for making those pearl buttons out of clam shells...)

It is another beautiful little Iowa town...

And I had a ball shopping while Mary was working. My trunk was FULL OF TREASURE by the time she was done. Then - we enjoyed a fabulous supper at the "Woodfire Grill".

Awesome day!! Neal's is the BEST...for 2012 -- if you are lucky enough to have an independent sewing machine dealership in your town -- BE SURE TO SUPPORT THEM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment