Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Coverlet Party

Last year, I bought several woven Christmas coverlets. They seem practical -- like something anybody could use. Valerie loved the one I gave her -- and my friend Sue actually told me she was LOOKING FOR ONE...as I headed for the trunk of my car, I asked, "would you prefer a snowman, Santa or Christmas tree?"

Well -- these things became somewhat of an obsession for me...

AND -- as it turns out -- they are like snowflakes. No two are alike. After four days of non-stop thrifting with Mary -- I had a pretty big collection of these things...YIKES!!

Whatever shall I do with all these Christmas coverlets?

Hummm...When I was babysitting at Amy's house last month, her boys took great pride in showing me how they made their beds... Wouldn't it be fun for them to have a Christmas coverlet on their bed??

Yippee!! I LOVE IT!! Just the little excuse I need for a pre-Christmas P A R T Y...I called my sister Ronda. I have a great assortment of Christmas coverlets -- and she has a great assortment of GRANDCHILDREN...

She has a much bigger house -- ALREADY DECORATED (this is a huge detail) -- so we decided the party would be at her house....(Okay -- I begged her...)

I sent out an invitation to the kids (mothers optional). On Monday afternoon -- they all got off the bus at their Grandma's house...

We gift-wrapped the coverlets so the kids couldn't see which one they were getting...We played that white-elephant-game -- where you pick a package, but can steal from somebody who picked before you...

Sadly, this is my best picture of the kids AFTER they opened their coverlets...but -- you get the idea!!

This is my favorite picture of Parker. Note the nativity in the background...Ronda has maybe 1000 nativities set up at her house. That was a pretty good reason to have the party THERE...Parker was making some funny faces...I told him I wanted a picture of "sarcasm"...

As we were doing our "craft" activity (more about that later), Parker said we should all "make this face"...and we did our best to look goofy...

It was easy...

Cuz we're all pretty goofy...

Hey -- GOOD JOB, US...

No comments:

Post a Comment