Thursday, April 30, 2020

VBP: Final note...

There was a wonderful (but LONG) article in the New Yorker about the tale of two cities during a pandemic.

I thought it was very well written -- and fascinating.  What happened in Seattle, as compared to what happened in New York City...

There's a lesson, I'm sure....

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2020/05/04/seattles-leaders-let-scientists-take-the-lead-new-yorks-did-not?utm_source=nl&utm_brand=tny&utm_mailing=TNY_Daily_042620&utm_campaign=aud-dev&utm_medium=email&bxid=5e8f2793b90c2f365c44adf8&cndid=60576495&hasha=d6e40b9d701034a4fde586d73b6e591a&hashb=06c4471cd67a5bb054c9cb7367fffa8636f052ce&hashc=9fc555a41ec3719a5262fdc4612d9034698ca059994dcf9eb5e01cec73649073&esrc=bounceX&utm_term=TNY_Daily


******************

And -- HOW IS IT POSSIBLE that I have been celebrating my Virtual Birthday Party for a solid MONTH NOW??

It has been suggested that I might have just gone too far with my VBP...but, I had to share this email.  From a woman I've never met...who is a soul sister...and I LOVE what she did in honor of my birthday...


Sun, Mar 29, 3:51 PM


Happy Birthday, Rita,

The weather in Ohio is sunny and windy - blowing away all the viruses!!  And I hope you are overwhelmed by the love and email messages you receive today!

I have read your blog almost daily for about 4-5 years (you lose track as you get older....)  And I look forward to your daily news, advice, recipes, family and grandchildren adventures - and just about anything else you write.

Today - I opened two boxes of sewing "stuff" that I packed away from my move over 30 years ago.  At the time, in 1987, I had a 2-1/2 year old and 1 year old daughters that kept me very busy - along with working part time.  So those pre-1987 projects never moved forward - understandably.  

Several days ago as I was moving things in my basement - I discovered the boxes and decided to review the contents for your birthday message.

Yesterday and today I looked at everything in those boxes - sorted what was usable for others (when the thrift stores start taking donations again), what I may do someday and what had to go to the trash. ðŸ˜¢  Sadly some stuff just has to go that direction.

It was a journey to the past - sometimes pleasant and sometimes not.  My "project in honor of Rita" made me realize some important things about myself.
I am a crafter - attempting many avenues of sewing, quilting, knitting, crocheting, macrame, needlework - some more successful than others - but always approached with "HOPE" that I would complete the project and it would be really nice.  

50+ years of my artistic crafting has not diminished my love of trying something new - or repeating a nice project.

And so today I purchased the supplies for a Spring Door Decor project from eBay - and can't wait to start - and finish - with all the "home time" available in the coming weeks. 

Thanks for opening the world of Rita and Iowa to me!  Keep writing.  

Happy Birthday - and I hope someone made you the Farro PB cake.
Sincerely,
Gina

************

THANKS again, Gina!  Next week, I'm going to blog about all the excavating I've been doing in my own basement.  The boxes that have been  sitting under the stairs since the day we moved in -- in 1981...

No comments:

Post a Comment