Wednesday, April 22, 2020

A Rare Silver Lining

....Covid 19 forced me to dust off my treadmill....and walking on it has become a regular part of my day.  I ALWAYS feel better after I've done it, and I've worked my way up to two miles a day.

This is a major accomplishment for me. AND, when we are allowed to get "back to normal" -- I am hoping this is one new habit that sticks.

Lynn asked me what kind of treadmill I have -- and here's a picture. It's a Sole F63...and I highly recommend it.

Because -- as a VERY fat girl -- I busted two treadmills before I bought the Sole F63.
You can check it out on the Sole website
In 2008, I saw a picture of myself at Elliott and Emily's wedding. I weighed 325 pounds. OMG. I started on my weight-loss journey...and many of you watched me lose 100 pounds over the next two years.

John had an inexpensive treadmill in the basement, but the minute I tried to walk on it, it would bog down...and after just a few days -- it was kaput.

Apparently -- treadmills are like sewing machines -- and you get what you pay for.  Or, maybe, 325 pounds is just TOO MUCH for a human being to weigh...

Ugh.

I did a little internet research, and spent $800 on a heavy-duty Horizon treadmill....it even had some fancy air shocks.  But, after just a year, the motor burned up.  And the company would not do a thing about it.  I remember the day we hauled it to the dump -- it looked brand new...I was SO DISAPPOINTED.

But, after that bad experience, I did A LOT OF internet research.  Which is how the Sole F63 came to live in my basement.

And -- here's the thing.  I am VERY HAPPY that I've been forced to get back up on my treadmill.  Even though I really, really miss going to the YWCA swimming pool -- I hope a daily walk on my treadmill is a habit that sticks...even when our quarantine is over...
the key is to WORK UP A SWEAT..!!

Writing about my treadmill made me wonder about what other habits America might decide to hang on to...

No comments:

Post a Comment