Friday, April 3, 2020

Rita's VBP (Virtual Birthday Party)

My Virtual Birthday Party lifted me up out of a very sad place -- I want to share as much as I can with you.

Because at this juncture -- maybe we all need a little lifting..and ya'll are pretty good at it.

So I won't be writing about the Coronavirus.  That's not my job.

I'll be writing about YOU. My people. Because the thing that became crystal clear to me after reading all your emails is that nobody is handling this better than WOMEN WHO SEW.

We are strong...smart...focused...kind...generous...productive...calm...and easily entertained.

I cannot imagine going through this without SEWING...

Besides sewing projects and pictures that were a BLAST FROM MY PAST...I also received a lot of recipes.

So -- I'll start with this one, from my young friend Anne...

**************

Anne sent me pictures throughout the day -- letting me know what she was doing INSTEAD OF ATTENDING my birthday party. We shared a virtual coffee in the morning....and cheerful updates throughout the day...

She sent this recipe -- for a crustless potato quiche. I LOVED that Anne sent me a picture of the actual recipe card from her Aunt Linda...
Can you read it? The ingredients are:

5 eggs beaten
12 oz.hash browns (thawed)
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1 large green onion
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
Dash or two of hot pepper sauce
paprika
6 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled

Combine everything except bacon and paprika. Pour into greased 9" pie shell, sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until set.

Remove from oven, sprinkle bacon on top, bake another 5 minutes.

Let set for 5 minutes before serving
.
Anne's family had the quiche for supper -- and it looks DELICIOUS.
I made it yesterday for lunch, Anne. It was DELICIOUS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment