Monday, April 20, 2020

VBP: Arizona Barb...

Over the weekend, we had our usual Saturday afternoon  Google Hangout chat.  Mary Mulari, Deanna Springer, Rhonda Pierce and me.  As we are in four different states -- it is the ULTIMATE social distancing...
I wore my flannel nightgown, to honor the memory...
Mary, Rhonda and I all came on the screen WEARING the turtleneck scarf/facemask that Deanna designed for NZP.  She was surprised!!

I went on to model a few others...so far, I think I whipped up 20 of those suckers.  And I already know the men in my family are WAY more likely to wear this. (I'm putting yours in the mail TODAY, Kathy!)

They are learning more about how the virus spreads -- and after reading this article in the New York Times  -- I feel safe to venture outdoors for some social distancing visits.  So that's my goal this week.

**********
Barb, from Arizona wrote to me on my birthday....

She shared what she was actually DOING on March 29...she was altering a lace dress, and hemming some linen pants. So, right away, I know two things about her. She's a better seamstress than I am -- and she's thin. (Nobody my size would ever voluntarily wear linen pants.)

She also shared this:

I am struggling with the stay home, stay safe idea. I’m doing it but I cannot say that I’m doing it very well. I find myself a bit depressed and sad. I thought I was a bit of a home body but now that we’ve been told to stay home I realize that is only part of me. I miss my babies and their babies and my friends!

I feel as if I’m constantly reminding myself that I truly am blessed and this too shall pass. And yet ...

 I’m still sad...
***************
Me, too, Barb.  I think we're all feeling lonely and missing our peeps.

But, my friend Rhonda says she looks at this forced shut-down as a "gift of time". And I think that's a wonderful way to consider this situation.

With that in mind -- one of the best ideas I've heard came from my favorite Great-Grandmother, Pat -- in Olympia, Washington.  She writes:

Guess the only productive thing I’ve been doing is writing lessons plans twice a week and sending them to my 7 great-grandkids between the ages of 4 and 11 twice a week. I call them Grandma Pat’s Home School Projects. Actually I got the idea from you Rita; did the first one on Rock Painting! Others have been Heart Dioramas, Curly Dogs, Ants on a Log, Painted Cookies, Macaroni Butterflies, etc.
Pat, from Olympia, visiting with me and Mary in Minnesota! WE USED TO REALLY GET AROUND, EH??
I've asked Pat to share her "lesson plans". And I'm pretty sure she snail mails them to her Grandkids. And WHAT AN OLD SCHOOL TREAT that would be for our grandchildren, eh? I'm definitely gonna steal this idea...
************

MMWI:  229.2

2 comments:

  1. I'm flattered that you included my comments in your VBP round up! I am definitely not thin though. In Arizona summers (think 115 degrees many, many days!) linen is one of the most comfortable fabrics to wear. I so enjoy your blog - thanks for sharing your life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OF COURSE...and thanks for attending my VBP!! In my world, Barb, you are THIN...so enjoy it....

      Delete