Thursday, April 16, 2020

VBP: God Saved Project Runway

Virus note: When it comes to groceries, we are not experiencing any real shortages in our area. Except for two things. Yeast and toilet paper.

The shortage of yeast is a mystery to me. I mean -- BREAD IS WIDELY AVAILABLE -- so what's that about?

But, the shortage of toilet paper is understandable. There are two kinds of toilet paper manufactured in this country -- commercial grade (offices, schools, retail stores, restaurants, etc.) and home rolls.

Obviously -- THE COMMERCIAL GRADE STUFF is temporarily off limits. So -- the HOME ROLLS are having to pick up the slack.

Which is why finding toilet paper has become the new national sport!! No kidding.  It comes up in almost every conversation I have....

But since I scored a BALE (30 rolls) at Costco last week, I've taken myself out of the game for now.

*****************

So, after that little Virus Update -- back to my VIRTUAL BIRTHDAY PARTY....

I met Carol over ten years ago -- at one of those wonderful Midwest Ya Ya Sisters sewing events.

(I'm afraid I still have this outfit...somewhere...)
Carol and I have touched base now and then (we share a love of Featherweights).

And her VBP gift??

SHE TOLD ME ABOUT A NEW MUST-WATCH TV SHOW....

Amazon Prime - Heidi and Tim are all glammed up with sewers from all over the world. The contestants are professional designers who fix up their design and leave it for sewers overnight and VOILA! in the morning it's done. The runway is a public showing, not just Heidi and co. Have you watched it? It's different but interesting. There's a woman from Virginia who dreams up these outlandish outfits, has others sew for her and then sells her stuff. She can't do anything. She was using a Vogue pattern - of course all the others were draping and using slopers - and had never cut out a pattern. Beats me how she wasn't the one to go home. But I digress
HOORAY -- I HAVE AMAZON PRIME..!! This is the perfect time for me to learn how to use that darn Firestick...

With all this extra time on her hands...Carol has been looking at  her UFO's...and she shared this inspirational thought...from Diane Ericson:

     Not everything is meant to be a finished product. There are different reasons to make!!!Making is an adventure…often into the unknown and past our experiential comfort zone (otherwise know as: ‘WHAT was I thinking???’)
Sometimes re-visiting those projects, reveals our growth in a different way: ie=I learned what I needed as I was making, and now I can recycle it into my stash or pass it on.
Tonight - I'm too lazy and not hungry enough to drive 22 miles for a take-out bloody mary with toothpicks of cheese/olives, shrimp and a lobster tail

****************
THANK YOU, CAROL!! I am THRILLED to have Heidi and Tim to look forward to. And I've got one more thing to say...IF THERE IS A BLOODY MARY WITH CHEESE, OLIVES, SHRIMP AN A LOBSTER TAIL...get in your car.

I would make that a day's mission....

Gas is down to $1.28 a gallon here -- maybe I'll DRIVE THERE MYSELF...

2 comments:

  1. Here in the Seattle area, there is no yeast AND no flour either! I've wondered if a lot of not-currently-working people have found a free yeast baking course on Blueprint recently. (And don't get me started on how scarce toilet paper and paper towels have become!) Btw, your VBP posts are great - I'm so glad they brought you joy. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS, Kathy. I am enjoying reliving all the birthday emails...but I'm STILL trying to get along with Libby...

      Delete