Wednesday, April 29, 2020

VBP: Gift from Mary

Like so many grandparents in the country right now, I've been social distancing from Lilly and Warren. And I am missing them...so it was fun to discover these pictures on my camera yesterday. From weeks ago, the last time they were here...

They love to play board games...it was a wet and rainy day....so I opened a box to one of my fabulous VINTAGE games.

The kids love to draw pictures...this game will be perfect!.

The good news is -- it's in EXCELLENT CONDITION.

The bad news is -- it's from 1987.

Hummm...so, all the references in this game come from the 1980's. 30+ years before these kids were even born...So, they're supposed to draw things like....

Television shows? Miami Vice, Cagney and Lacy,Hill Street Blues...?

Music? Whitney Houston, Prince...Bruce Springsteen...

Oh oh.

This isn't going well.

So,  I told them to sift through ALL the cards until they found one they believed they could draw...

Warren read about a dozen cards, with no luck -- then he got a HUGE SMILE on his face...

And he drew this picture...
I didn't take a very good picture -- but it says "Welcome to Walmart"

He was SO PLEASED with himself...do you see it now? Can you figure it out?  IT'S SO CLEAR...

Warren could NOT BELIEVE we didn't get it. Lilly and I were stumped...the timer ran out..
.
I swear...I laughed so hard...and I'm STILL laughing...

Warren had NO IDEA what was so funny...but Lilly and I were both cracking up...and he knew he had done something really, really funny....

****************
On my actual birthday, Mary Mulari sent me my favorite new picture...

When she was visiting last year, she must have taken this picture with her phone. THIS is a great picture of me, writing this blog.

I am ALWAYS sitting in my $40 Lazy-boy...with my ancient Windows 7 laptop....a blanket over my toes (this one, made by my Grandmother -- a gift when I was 16 years old)....and Frankie sleeping on the corner. (he fits perfectly).
Frankie and I are spending a lot of time -- doing EXACTLY THIS...
And, yes -- I know how lucky I am...

No comments:

Post a Comment