Friday, April 17, 2020

VBP: The FOOD..!!


Although Beth didn't send her personal recipe for Bannock Scones, they sounded SO DELICIOUS, I wanted to surprise her by actually MAKING THEM MYSELF.

...this is a recipe off the internet...and they were just as good as I hoped they would be..!!

Blueberry Bannock Scones

2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cups blueberries
2 Tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup  milk
1 beaten egg
1/2 cup cold butter

Directions:

  • In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
  • Cut butter into dry ingredients until pea sized
  • Add blueberries
  • Use spatula to stir in wet ingredients.
  • Dump on to plastic wrap, knead gently to form into flat disc (1" thick)
  • Cut into circles, or squares, or tirangles...
  • Bake @ 400 degrees. 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.

I had blueberries -- and a few raspberries, too...

It was a very sticky dough, so I used plastic wrap to wrangle it into a disc.

I cut them in scone shapes...but my pan was too crowded.

So, they kind of baked into one another...

WE LOVED THEM, BETH. Thanks for the inspiration. But I already know that I made several big mistakes with this first effort. The big thing being -- I believe actual Bannock is supposed to be cooked on top of the stove? In a cast iron skillet?

 I'll try that next time -- but WE ALL LOVED THEM....we ate them hot, out of the oven, with some real butter...yummo....

and I had a great time telling everybody I was making Blueberry Bannock Scones!!

************* 

And, while I'm at it -- here's a picture of another recipe I cooked -- Aunt Linda's Potato Quiche...which was also delicious!!
I didn't have bacon, Anne, so I put chopped ham inside.  DELISH..!!
*************

8:00 AM.  We woke up this morning to 4 inches of new snow...AND IT'S STILL COMING DOWN...

No comments:

Post a Comment