Monday, April 6, 2020

My WEIGHT and the Quarantine

Sorry -- but here we go again!!

Me and my WEIGHT. Which, as you know, I consider the most BORING TOPIC in the world. It's right up there with cleaning closets...

To review....I took you along on my journey to lose over 100 pounds (2016/2017 Fat Camp)...
Me, at 304 pounds in November 2016
November 2017, I weighed 220
I was feeling good....relaxed.  I enjoyed life. I did weekly weigh-ins and got down to 215.

THEN -- I quit worrying about my weight.  I was going to the pool five or six times a week...I'VE GOT THIS...was my new attitude. 

I was happy....and I quit weighing myself every week -- because I have never wanted my life to be about that number.

So -- life went on...but I should have known better.

.....a cupcake here, a lunch with a friend there, weekend restaurant meals with the kids...some days I just deserved a little tiramisu, and when life gets busy, there's nothing like a drive-through burger and fries....And, HEY -- it's practically a law that you must eat cheesecake if you're in New York City!! My weight started creeping back up

For me, gaining weight is like filling a bucket with water, one teaspoon at a time. It's easy and effortless...and you don't see the difference until the bucket is overflowing....AND THEN ITS HARD TO CARRY...

And, even though I love to say I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE NUMBER...because my LIFE IS NOT A DRESS SIZE...the truth is -- my right knee was sending me messages -- random shooting pains....I was having trouble going up and down stairs.

And -- ugh -- I hadn't worn jeans for over a year.

Last November,  when I finally stepped on the scale -- it said 253 pounds.

So, yes -- IT'S TIME.

Unfortunately, for me -- LOSING weight is like trying to suck a golf ball uphill through a 50 ft.length of garden hose...IT IS SLOW, AND for every inch of progress, you suffer a foot of backsliding..

And my progress was s....l....o.....w......

On February 22, when I went to the weight-loss hypnosis session, I weighed 243 pounds.

I'd lost 10 pounds in four months....and I was very discouraged.

*************

So -- during this terrifying time -- when SO MANY THINGS ARE OUT OF MY CONTROL...I've decided my weight is the one thing I can actually do something about. And I really need to feel like I am doing something worthwhile during this time.

For starters -- I cleared off my treadmill. (it was buried under bushels of clothes, fabric, blankets, UFO's) Apparently, my thinking was out of sight out of mind -- and THAT TACTIC WORKED GREAT.
Is this where I left the treadmill?
So...right now...instead of focusing on what I cannot do -- I'm going to focus on what I CAN DO.
  • I will walk on my treadmill every day.
  • I will plan my meals.
  • I will weigh myself every Monday -- and REPORT on this blog how I'm doing...
Next Monday -- I'll give you the official Hypnosis Report...because it plays into this...And it's time to reinstate the MMWI (Monday Morning Weigh In).
********************* 

MMWI:  229.6  WHICH MEANS...I've lost 10 pounds since the Hypnosis Session....

5 comments:

  1. You are singing my song! Losing weight is so hard, gain it back in a heartbeat. I also decided to get moving. Bad feet and now a knee acting up So the exercise bike that looked like your tread mill is uncovered and ready …. here we go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am bound and determined not to gain weight during this stay at home. Missing out on walking two miles at the mall with Mom and my job where I'm on my feet all day and lifting stuff, has made it tricky. The sun has finally come out, so I can get some walking (not motivated to do it in the rain and cold).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and Jim have such healthy habits, Laura -- I'M NOT WORRIED. Enjoy your beautiful corner of the world...

      Delete
  3. We can ALL do this! Our health is the GOAL!!!

    ReplyDelete