Saturday, April 11, 2020

VBP: Sew Expo and the Lip Dress

Beth, from Port Orchard, Washington sent me some special birthday wishes. She and her family were quarantined two weeks earlier than we were here in Iowa...she wrote...

Sew Expo is the best five days of the year!!  I miss seeing you there.   I don't say much on blogs I follow, I lurk, but admire.  I saw Rhonda at Expo, in a crowded area kind of way we had lunch together.  She and a friend or two were a couple of tables away.  It was a sweet lunch the sun was shining in, there was a harp being played at the booth behind the food court and I was at Expo.  Later after Expo, I had seen on Rhonda's blog she had taken a picture of me in my lips dress.  The lip dress is something else that makes me happy.
Your dress AND your email made me happy, Beth!

Today is a don't bother with hair day. Today started with with our favorite blueberry bannock scones and will end with Spanish paella....We're together and happy.
Thank you for your blog, insights, and reminders of what is so very important family and enjoying my treasures.

*************

Here's a picture of Rhonda Pierce, at Sew Expo -- with two of her fans...
Rhonda's blog is:  SewMoreStitches.com
Many of my VBP guests are Sew Expo friends. Looking back, it is shocking that they got that show in this year! Just a few days after Expo. Washington State closed the fairgrounds...well, we all know what's been happening since.  Rhonda is now sheltering in place in Illinois -- (read more about her cacooning on her blog:  SewMoreStitches)...altho we ARE LOVING OUR Zoom meetings.

I still haven't replied to all the emails I've received from my VBP -- and it is fun for me to SHARE SOME OF THEM in this blog.

Because WOMEN WHO SEW ROCK...I believe nobody is handling this thing better than we are...


No comments:

Post a Comment