Thursday, April 9, 2020

New York City...and Heartbreak....


Last year, on this day, I was in New York City with three women I love -- my nieces, Amy and Nicole, and my cousin Jackie.  When I see what's happening in NYC right now -- I think back on our trip...and my heart breaks....

************
April 2019...a look back...

I can't believe it's over. After years of talking about it -- and months of careful planning -- my nieces Amy and Nicole have BEEN TO NEW YORK CITY. We're back in Iowa now -- and I get to blog about our fabulous visit.

Amy and Nicole are two very busy young Moms...and neither of them has ever been to New York City.  My cousin Jackie met us there (she lives in North Carolina)...and we had SUCH A WONDERFUL TIME...
Because we were flying "basic"(more about that later)...we had to limit our packing to one carry on and a totebag.
I put luggage tags on EVERYTHING. My camera, my purse, my totebag, my suitcase...
I made some new luggage tags -- using Mary Mulari's fabric tie-on tag method...
Amy and Nicole, buying our MTA subway pass.
The BEST value for a dollar!!  We loved, loved, loved the subway...
The Macy's Flower Show was going on
Macy's was decked out.  Flowers EVERYWHERE...
This Flower Show is a miracle.  Really -- not one dead head or brown bloom anywhere.  HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE??

Jackie, at Herald's Square.  Daffodils were blooming all over this beautiful city.
Oh, yeah -- that's the Empire State Building just down the block.  Wow.
Our last stop at Macy's was to find the original wooden escalators...in continuous operation since 1914.

No comments:

Post a Comment