Saturday, January 27, 2018

Ramp-Up for Mary

When Ross moved back to Iowa to attend nursing school, he took over our upstairs bedroom and bathroom. I never went into his room. Not even once. Yikes. Since he moved out, the upstairs has become kind of an excavation project...
(Kathy -- here's a picture of Ross's house)
Many years ago, I bought a chenille shower curtain that had a snazzy teal flower...so, of course, I painted flowers on that bathroom wall. I LOVED IT...
However -- that was then. And this is now. The upstairs bathroom needs a little refresh...and I'm ready to let go of the flower.  (besides, I can't find the original shower curtain.)

As you know, my goal is always to USE WHAT I HAVE.  So, I went to the basement to see what I could find in the leftover paint department...
The first thing I found was this terrific BRAND NEW SHOWER CURTAIN...(which I paid $2 for, several years ago...and it was dumb luck that I found it, because it was buried pretty deep.)
I had some beige paint -- so I used that as a primer coat.  Bye-bye teal flower...
Hummm...maybe another coat, eh?
Oh, the hell with it. I'm just gonna start to paint circles...
It's a small bathroom...so this shouldn't take long. Now, if only I could find a rug with circles on it...that's right...wait for it...
Also in the basement! Yep -- that'll work...
I can't wait for Mary to see her new/old digs!!

Mary is here until Tuesday -- so it's just possible we'll be TOO BUSY for me to do much blogging...

No comments:

Post a Comment