Tuesday, January 2, 2018

HAMILTON OUTFITS

Okay -- it has already been established that I love remaking clothes. And thrift store finds into special HAMILTON OUTFITS seems to be something that really lights me up!!

And -- TOMORROW -- ON WEDNESDAY -- FIVE OF US ARE GOING TO CHICAGO TO SEE HAMILTON. Lilly has been looking forward to this for over seven months. THAT'S a long time to keep a kid on the edge of excitement...

To bring you up to speed...
 
Last June, I went to Chicago to see Hamilton with my friend Linda and her daughter Kim. I made outfits for all of us.
My people are such good sports...
The WORDS are what makes the play so amazing...
When it came time to plan an outfit for Lilly -- of course, she ALREADY HAS SEVERAL T-SHIRT OUTFITS...
She also has a Schuyler Sisters shirt, and a Lafayette shirt...
But -- hey -- WE ARE GOING TO SEE A LIVE BROADWAY PRODUCTION. And I wanted her to understand this is a very SPECIAL OCCASION...and something we should really GET DRESSED UP FOR...(hey -- nobody does that anymore).

And, when it comes to dressing up -- Lilly will always, always choose lace...
So, there's a black lace dress, a white lace tunic and a red lace dress with a high-low hem.
And, hey -- a white cotton denim jacket with military buttons and epaulets!!
She could wear the white tunic with bright blue tights...and a red glitter scarf...
This red lace dress has a high/low hem...again, she will be wearing blue leggings
It is ten below zero here today. So, we'll need some WARM COATS if we're going to be walking around the streets of Chicago.
There might be a Grandma somewhere in the world who is having more fun than me...but, honestly, I can't imagine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment