Thursday, January 11, 2018

Hamilton Jackets

One of the joyful parts of our HAMILTON ADVENTURE was planning our outfits. I already had a wonderful white coat... but what should Lilly wear?
This jacket reminded me of the Hamilton costumes...
Lilly put some paper star decals all over the right sleeve.
Then, she painted the sleeve blue and removed the decals.
Then, she put some blue tape around the left sleeve
And painted red stripes.
The big payoff was the BACK, of course (we cut up a t-shirt)
Yep. Perfection...
You can barely see the writing...but, Lilly decided to write words on the left sleeve.
I was kind of dozing in my chair when Lilly said, "I wrote three words, Grandma, but there are four spaces."

Me:  What words did you write?

Lilly: Brave, Kind and Smart.

Me: Those are wonderful words, Lilly. And, just for the record, when you're old enough to want a man in your life -- remember those three words. Because that would be enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment