Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Leftover French Onion Soup

During the time Ross was living here (attending Nursing School),  he introduced me to a WHOLE NEW WORLD OF TELEVISION.  Thanks to him, I binge watched:  Mad Men, Sons of Anarchy, the Soprano's and Entourage. All series with GREAT writing, wonderful characters.

On the other hand, he also brought an obsession with The Bachelor -- and In The Kitchen with David Venable on QVC...
I NEVER would have thought I'd learn anything about cooking from a shopping channel??!!
In The Kitchen with David Venable, taught me about a Panade. AND I REALLY MUST SHARE THIS TREASURE!!

An internet picture of a Panade!!
Because I made such a big pot of French Onion Soup -- I had a lot left.  So -- it was the PERFECT time to revisit a Panade!

OMG...OMG...OMG...

Here's a link to the recipe I used: Panade Recipe I love any excuse to get out my Dutch Oven...and I made some modifications. I left out the Swiss Chard (I used Spinach), and I added a lot more cheese. Also, I added about 8 oz. of cooked spicy hot sausage to the beef broth...which gave it a nice kick.

We ate it so fast, I didn't get a chance to take a picture. But it really did look kinda like this...
The bread absorbs the broth, and really puffs up. I wanted it to serve like a casserole rather than a stew...and IT WAS PERFECT.

I called Ronda and Dean and said, COME ON OVER for a delicious Panade.  They'd never heard of such a thing...

Imagine that...

No comments:

Post a Comment