Wednesday, June 22, 2016

The Splendid Sampler™

The Splendid Sampler™ Wednesday
(...skip this part if you're not new here...)

The Splendid Sampler™ is an internet sew-a-long created by Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson. It is an EPIC sew along...
  • 83 fabric designers have created specific blocks that feature different quilting techniques. (paper piecing, fused applique, etc.).
  • The blocks will be released each week, and are FREE to participants until March 2017. (at that time, they'll use the designs to publish a book).
  • You can use whatever fabric you like.
  • There will be pictures on their Facebook page, etc.
The new block designs come out twice a week....on Sunday morning and Thursday morning. I'm doing this with my TMBC...and, therefore, it is my pleasure to BLOG ABOUT IT every Wednesday.

*******************

It was shocking that after I got home from Salt Lake City, I was SO INSPIRED to work on some quilt blocks -- I did this...
Yes -- that's right -- ELEVEN BLOCKS IN ONE WEEK. Nobody was more surprised than me!!
Although it's not a competition -- I BEAT LP!!! Count ém...she did TEN. Wow. That's an amazing number. BUT IT IS NOT THE WEEKLY RECORD, IS IT, BABE??
But the winner for "best selvedge edges" was definitely SANDY...!!
Sandy did four blocks this week. WE WERE ALL IN THE MOOD TO QUILT, eh?
Here's the thing about the Splendid Sampler. You are free to do WHATEVER YOU WANT TO DO.

My friend Mark Lipinski always says THERE ARE NO QUILT POLICE!!

The reason I did so many blocks this week is because I decided to go back and redo some of my favorites.  And why not?  The new blocks are SO MUCH better than my first efforts.  And, as we've been learning our new skills, I wanted to practice some of those half-square triangles and flying geese. 

Yep.  It's like everything else in life.  Practice makes perfect...and I was very pleased with my progress.  But, unlike my over-achieving sewing sisters, I haven't done any of the embroidery blocks.

Because -- remember?  There are no quilt police...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment