Friday, November 13, 2015

Halloween Tablecloth

We live in a small house. There is no separate dining room, or enormous family room. We eat most of our meals at a big round table in the kitchen. That table is the first thing you see when you walk into my house. I like using vinyl tablecloths...they wipe off easily, and it's fun to change them with the seasons.

A Christmas theme is easy to find, of course, and I have an Easter egg version, a Fall look...

Recently, I found an actual Halloween vinyl tablecloth...
Love the colors, cute, eh?
BUT, it's the wrong size. For a 60" table, you need a 72" round tablecloth. And that is often hard to come by...
But -- HEY -- I sew. And I have a mountain of t-shirts in my basement. WHY NOT ADD SOME FRINGE??
I decided on an elegant 10" fringe...and cut up some t-shirts, mixing up the colors...
After I serged the t-shirt pieces (right sides together) -- I went around to topstitch the soon-to-be-fringe...
By overlapping the colors, I create a nice double fringe...
Final step -- cut the fringe with a scissors...
YES. It is amazing. Sewing, I mean...
I'm sorry I didn't get this posted in time for Halloween. But -- hey -- you might find some wrong-size vinyl tablecloths for Thanksgiving!! Fringe is a wonderful, simple way to make a tablecloth BIGGER...

No comments:

Post a Comment