Saturday, November 14, 2015

A Perfect Fall Saturday!!

Lilly and I usually spend one day a week together -- either Saturday or Sunday. Sometimes, I have a specific plan. Most of the time, we just play it by ear...
Last month, we started off our Saturday with some thrift-store shopping. Yes, this is a SWIVEL Lazyboy. And only $60. Perfect. Who could resist that?? (not me, that's for sure)...
It was a beautiful, warm fall day. I decided to go to Eagle Point Park in Clinton, Iowa. There is an old-fashioned ice cream stand in that neighborhood...
We sat at this picnic table with our new friends -- and enjoyed our raspberry shakes.
The trees were just starting to turn. Eagle Point Park is GORGEOUS.
There is a lookout tower -- Lilly calls it the castle.
She was determined to walk all the way to the top.
The stairs spiral up, round and round...
Until you reach the top -- and the incredible view.
OF THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER...

Here's the thing. There could be a woman somewhere in the world who is a better Grandmother than me...in many ways, of course...But nobody is enjoying the job more than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment