Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Summer, Iowa, Weeds and Poison Ivy...

In July, I got a horrible, itchy patch on my neck. It was raw and red and SO ITCHY, it was driving me crazy. I WAS COMPLETELY MISERABLE...

The usual suspects didn't make a dent in the itching...

I went to the doctor. 

Dr. It looks like poison ivy -- have you been outside, near any weeds?
Me: I have a terrible reaction to poison ivy, so I steer clear of anything suspicious. I don't go within 100 feet of any three leaf plant...
Dr: Are you using a different detergent?
Me: Nope
Dr: Wearing a different scarf?
Me: It's July.  Nope
Dr: Anything different in your life?
Me: Well, I did get a new puppy, so I am outside a lot more...

The Doctor got a big smile on his face...and as he pushed his chair back, he said, so, it's a small dog, Rita?

Me: Yes....

And you carry him in and out of the house?

Me: Yes....

Dr: In your right arm -- with his head just under your neck??

OMG...my doctor is a genius..!!
Yep...what you see here is the shape of Frankie's head...
Apparently, altho I AM VERY CAREFUL about touching weeds this time of year, Frankie just runs into and under all kids of questionable growth, and his head rubbed against some poison plant..  When I picked him up to carry him into the house,  his hair rubbed against my neck...

I left the Doctor's office with a prescription for Cortizone cream, and some pills...and my terrible, most horrible rash cleared up in a few days.
He's worth it...

No comments:

Post a Comment