Friday, September 4, 2015

Potty Boot Camp, Day #1

Potty Boot Camp was a RIP ROARING SUCCESS. OMG.

Elliott & Emily had a weekend event -- so Lilly and Warren will be at my house for three days. (also, their two dogs, Sophie and Bella). My niece, Kelcy, recently did the boot camp with her two year old daughter, Aspen -- and she made it sound easy.

When Warren arrived Friday morning -- I took off his diaper. From now on, he'll only wear a Pampers when he's sleeping...
Warren is crying. Frankie is being sympathetic...
Some morning activities...playing in the yard with Uncle Ross and Frankie. Warren enjoyed the freedom of NO DIAPER RUNNING...
There are tricycles to ride...
We went to YouTube to watch some potty training videos...
Lilly finished her day at First Grade, and came to help...
Warren did some dog training with Frankie...
To keep him sitting on the potty, there were some sticker activities...
More playing with Frankie...
I thought the "Big Boy Pants" would be an incentive to pee on the potty...but, right after I took this picture, he peed on the green Lazy boy...
Cutting up an old plastic Christmas Tablecloth was an excellent idea. Too bad I didn't think of it sooner...
I put a towel over the tablecloth so it wouldn't be so slippery.
The potty chair moved around. When I was cooking, Warren was in the kitchen with me.
He sat for long periods of time...stickers, buckets of toys, a fleet of cars...
When I was not in the kitchen, I moved the potty to the living room. From this position, Warren can watch television, I can work on my computer...
Frankie was always right there...by his side...being sympathetic AND supportive...
And, of course, there were a dozen "B's"...(Warren's army of flannel blankets)...
By that night, I'd set up a potty-side table.  A popcorn snack seemed in order...
After his first VERY EXHAUSTING DAY...Lilly and Warren deserved a break...
End of the day. Bath, pajamas, ready for bed...one more wrestle with Uncle Ross and Frankie...
It was a long day, Buddy...
By Friday Night, Warren had accidentally scored a little bit of pee in the potty four times. He'd also accidentally scored pee in the living room, on the Lazy boy, and in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment