Thursday, October 23, 2014

Sandy's Luncheon

SUMMER 2014 is OVER. Really?? How is that possible??  My friend Sandy is getting ready to go DOWN TO FLORIDA.  Like all the other Iowa snowbirds (pussys)...

Hey -- I miss her already...

I had the Merry Widows to my house for a look-at-my-new-porch-sofa luncheon.  And we had so much fun -- Sandy invited us all to her house for an end-of-the-summer party.
Is this the BEST Bloody Mary you ever saw??
Sandy made a delicious egg casserole...
Tomatoes and fresh melon from her garden....
Sandy's other friend Sue, along with Evelyn...
Sandy and Carol....
This casserole was DELICIOUS -- and Sandy swears it was mostly leftovers out of her frig...
But it was the fancy DESSERT that I'll long remember...
THIS is how I felt about Sandy's fancy layered cake.  Turns out, it's mostly a cake mix, some Cool Whip, and lots of fresh raspberries.  OH MY GOODNESS...it was just as good as it looks!!
We had such a great time!!  WE ate, we talked, we laughed...look at the sun in our eyes...
It was such a beautiful late summer day. That really is what I love most about Iowa. Because now, with the change of the seasons, we need to bring in the porch furniture cushions, get out our long sleeved shirts, put an extra blanket on our beds. No -- wait -- that's only me.

Sandy (pussy)  is packing her car for the long ride to FLORIDA...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment