Friday, October 17, 2014

Cedar Rapids and Our French Lunch

The very best part about having Anne planning our Grant Wood/Cedar Rapids adventure is that SHE LIVES THERE. Sue and I climbed in her van, Anne knew EXACTLY where to go and the best way to get there...she was a wonderful tour guide...
Anne and Sue, just outside the Coe College library.
Anne gave us several choices for lunch. We chose the little French joint.
Croissant du Jour. It is located in an unassuming strip mall...and there aren't very many tables...
But the food was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING...
White tablecloths and napkins...it was all quite lovely.  BUT THE DESSERTS WERE OUT OF THIS WORLD...We decided to share. French cheesecake, Chocolate Eclair, and a Napoleon...
There was a bakery case full of delicacies I've never heard of...but I knew my new life's mission was to TRY THEM ALL...
At the end of the day, Anne took us for a quick spin through the brand new Cedar Rapids Home Goods store. It was the perfect end to the perfect day!!
************
PROJECT RUNWAY:  Here's what happens when you go out on a limb....some squirrel will chew it off.  So, after Part One of the Project Runway finale it ain't looking good for my Superstar Kini. I still think he might pull something out of the hat...but I wish he hadn't committed to doing the whole collection out of DENIM. What a bad choice!!

Hey -- I am LOVING Amanda and I think her jewelry will take her to the winner's circle.  After last night's show, I realized that SHE has the collection I most want to see...

No comments:

Post a Comment