Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Rita is not a Photographer

For the next few weeks, I'm going to blog about day-tripping. The thing is -- I have been developing my day-tripping skills every Saturday FOR MANY YEARS.  I consider myself an expert. This summer has been chock-full of wonderful girlfriend daytrips -- and I've been so busy LIVING them -- I didn't have time to blog about them...

But -- before I start -- I want to apologize for my crappy pictures. A good blogger tells her story with pictures. I know that. We are living in a visual, digital age. Having instant access to photos is A DREAM COME TRUE...I always have my camera with me.

Sadly, photography is not a skill I'm good at. And I'm fine with that. But I want you to know -- I DO TRY. This post is an example of me -- really trying hard, but failing.

EllynAnne Geisel was presenting a program in Waterloo, Iowa.  I was on a mission to interview her for Inspired To Sew magazine...I even borrowed a FINE, FANCY CAMERA from my son Ross.  I wanted to get some excellent behind-the-scenes photos of EllynAnne...

AND I DID!!  Having a really good camera did make a huge difference in the quality of my photographs.  You will see some of those pictures when EllynAnne's issue comes out.

It was an AWESOME DAY TRIP with my TMBC friend Linda.

However -- this happened...


The lighting inside a museum is poor...but I thought this picture of the APRON CHRONICLES exhibit catalog turned out great....with the Hey Rita tote...
I had a beautiful Schmetz totebag for EllynAnne.  I wanted a picture of her, standing in front of her Apron Chronicles picture -- that will be perfect for the magazine article...
I still can't believe I didn't see it through the lens of the camera. I put EllynAnne RIGHT IN FRONT of the woman sitting at the table. And the Schmetz totebag is positioned so perfectly -- only the woman's legs show.

It looks like she tried to stuff that woman into her totebag....

See what I mean??  Honestly -- I have the BEST PHOTO INTENTIONS.   But -- for me, it's like balancing my checkbook.  Hard as I try -- I just can't get the hang of it.  So, I will continue to stumble along, telling my own stories using my own crappy pictures,

and you really need to quit emailing me -- and simply lower your expectations....


1 comment:

  1. You're funny!
    Be like me and take 5 zillion photos of the same scene. One is bound to turn out good. Love digital cameras for just that reason....lol

    ReplyDelete