Saturday, October 25, 2014

MS Linda

The road trip I'm going to write about was to Waterloo, Iowa. Waterloo is about two hours northwest of me -- and it's an industrial city, with about 60,000 people.  I haven't been to Waterloo in 40 years. EllynAnne Geisel was doing her Apron presentation there -- and I was EXCITED about the trip. I immediately issued an invitation to the entire TMBC. But, sadly, Sandy and Linda K. already had weekend plans for a big quilt show in Des Moines.

So, it was going to be me and Linda P.

Because we have TWO Linda's in the TMBC -- my nickname for Linda Phillips is is MS Linda. (Martha Stewart Linda)
My favorite picture of me and MS Linda
She often brings a project to breakfast for our Sew 'N Tell -- her grandkids were into Harry Potter...
Last year, we took breakfast to HER HOUSE -- when she was recovering from a knee replacement...
Her first (of many) t-shirt quilts. This one is a high school graduation gift for her oldest grandchild, Abby...
GREAT JOB --
My FAVORITE PICTURE of Abby...
Recently, Linda had us over for a Pinterest breakfast. The table was perfect...everything is always 'JUST SO"
From Pinterest: a beautiful roll-up omelet
SO, IT'S SET. Linda and I are off to take a day trip to Waterloo, Iowa. I purchased tickets for TWO EllynAnne Events. I have to clean out my car to make room for a second passenger. (hummm...if I clear out the back seat, we won't need the trunk, will we?). I rented a hotel room, then, pack an overnight bag...all that's left to do is Yelp some restaurants in Waterloo.

OH, YEAH, THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN...

Of course, to keep the TWO Linda's straight

No comments:

Post a Comment