Friday, July 26, 2013

Tinkerbell Dress

MY FAVORITE KIND OF SEWING...

It was a typical Sunday morning. Lilly had spent the night -- and I was downstairs doing some laundry. She was rummaging around a pile of thrift store treasures, when she found a Tinkerbell shirt that was two sizes too small...

I had a lavender knit dress with a ruffled bottom that was five sizes too big...but I knew I could turn Tinkerbell into a great dress for Lilly -- all I had to do was cut off the skirt, and, well, maybe the sides as well....



You can see in this picture how I added the ruffled skirt to the bottom of the Tink shirt...


I also added 5" (from the original lavender shirt) to the sides...

Can you guess where Lillian got to wear her new Tinkerbell dress that day???


No kidding. PETER PAN?? Yes, it is amazing. That Tinkerbell shirt has been in my basement for weeks or maybe months...but on THAT MORNING, a little girl, who didn't even know she was going to a play that day...found it.

Hey -- maybe I DO BELIEVE IN FAIRIES...

No comments:

Post a Comment