Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Disney Princesses

Just so you know -- WARREN occasionally is doing great -- smiling all the time.  He is the HAPPIEST baby I have ever personally known...and we don't ignore him -- really...


But because Emily is still nursing Warren -- the biggest favor I can do for the E team is to spend time with Lillian. No problem. We are having a wonderful summer. She spends one night a week at Grandma Rita's house. It is amazing to me how her brain works, and she is really beginning to THINK things through for herself. I enjoy listening to her...and we sew, and cook, sometimes watch a movie.

Here she is in her new swim cover-up she helped me make...of course, you can see the touch I added...t-shirt fringe...

Her favorite part is the embroidered THREE PRINCESSES on the front. Ugh. We argue about this all the time. From the beginning -- I was not a fan of Barbie. But I thought the Disney Princesses were harmless enough. BUT I WAS WRONG...

Here's a typical exchange between me and Lilly at the Goodwill store...Lilly brings up a Princess piece-of-junk and asks if it's a "possibility"...

Grandma: Sorry, Lilly, you know I am not impressed with the Princess message...

Lilly: I know, Grandma. But I am. And I can't help it...I'm just a little kid. Remember -- I am only four years old.


You can also see in this picture how I completely opened the sleeves when I added the t-shirt fringe. Because it was a size 3 -- and she wears a size 6. The sleeves were far too tight. But, hey, it did have her favorite Princess emblem on the front -- and the zipper was awesome.

The BIG sewing adjustment I made was adding 8"of t-shirt fabric to the center back -- with a box pleat at the top...NOW it's perfect...

No comments:

Post a Comment