Monday, January 28, 2013

Thrifting Treasure


Many times, my thrifting is a treasure hunt for clothes for my grandchildren. (It feels great to use the plural of that word...!) Lillian has many winter coats, snow pants, mittens, hats, fleece robes,dozens of pajamas, scores of velvet dresses -- and young Warren already has so many clothes he's started to outgrow them before he can WEAR them.

Finding SHOES or boots is one of my favorite things. I love finding little girl black patent leather shoes, tap shoes, Ugg boots, Cowboy boots, red glitter, Tinkerbell sandals...silver slippers...all my little grand-nieces and nephews play the Aunt Rita shoe game -- and I am DElighted when the slipper fits (that's a Cinderella metaphor)...



Yes, I spend way too much time thrifting. I never know exactly what I'm looking for.  I like to think that thrifting is a wonderful exercise in keeping an open mind...(yes, it's true -- hoarders can rationalize ANYTHING...)

Of course -- I buy way too many books...
 ...like this 1952 Meta Givens Cookbook my mother used.......leather purses are another weakness of mine.  Because I am so easily amused -- it doesn't take much to delight me...  

Many times -- it's simply a 25 cent t-shirt with some funny words....



But -- last week -- I hit the jackpot. Really. In two very different locations -- I found TWO treasures that are just remarkable. Honestly -- I feel like I found the Holy Grail and I didn't even know I was on the quest...
Pictures tomorrow. Or -- well -- soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment