Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Rita's Favorite Things

I am SO HAPPY to be back into my regular blogging schedule. THERE ARE SO MANY interesting, fun things I want to share. But on this particular day, I was unable to upload pictures. Hummmm....blogging without pictures is like eating an Oreo without the cream center....

As I was doing various picture tests -- some worked but most did not. Then I realized it was a problem with Mozilla -- not playing nice with blogger. Ugh...try again...

And I ended up with a very random group of pictures...which, oddly, I decided to blog about. But what do these pictures have in common???

These pictures represent a few of my FAVORITE THINGS, of course!!

One of my favorite people in the world -- my helper, my only employee, my house manager, my part-time painter -- Carrie.   In this picture -- helping me paint the ceiling. WHAT A BIG JOB...I am soooo happy to have her come to my house once a week with that wonderful smile and can-do attitude...

In this completely unrelated photo -- I am at Rhonda's house in Chicagoland. Admiring the picture she has hanging in her kitchen -- the EXACT same picture I have hanging in my own kitchen...

Then -- at a writer's conference last year. I attend one or two of these events every year. And I love meeting other writers, and learning new things. What inspires them, what moves them, why they write...

During that same visit with Rhonda -- we went to the Morton Arboreteum. Remember the crocheted tree?? I LOVE IT...And if I needed a signature photo -- this would be it. There is something so wonderful about spring...after a long winter...the warm sun on your face...being outside...and there I am, carrying my Hey Rita tote...one of my truly favorite things.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment