Thursday, January 24, 2013

The BEST Children's Tea Party

Every now and then -- I have a BRILLIANT IDEA. And my 2012 Christmas Tea Party was one of my best ever....

There is an antique mall in the west end of Davenport, Iowa -- West Kimberly Mall. Most towns have a place like this. It's a large space full of hundreds of different vendor booths -- all independent merchants -- some selling antiques, or used clothes, or handmade crafts. A couple of years ago, the new owners carved out a space in the middle of the mall to create a "Tea Room"...

I was thinking of taking Lillian there for one of their scheduled Sunday afternoon tea parties -- but the dates didn't work out. Then it DAWNED ON ME...I could pick my own date! And wouldn't it be a lotmore fun for Lilly if the other guests were the cousins she loves so much??

The white lace tablecloth above is the main table. I sent invitations to my nieces and nephews CHILDREN. (No parents allowed). Aunt Rita's First Christmas tea party was Sunday afternoon, December 16th. The plastic tablecloth area was set up for our craft activities...
This is the separate dessert table. OMG. A tower of mini cupcakes...lots of fresh fruit, cookies, candy...

In this close up picture -- you can see the little gingerbread men made out of marshmallows...WHO KNEW??

I got there early to set up some special stuff...gifts, prizes, craft activities. The two women who were taking care of us -- Dana and Deanna. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? THIS IS GOING TO BE SO MUCH FUN....

I am not kidding. This was shaping up to seriously be the BEST idea I ever had...WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG??

1 comment:

  1. I really like the concept of this idea. You have me worried about what 'could possibly go wrong'! :)

    Looking forward to the rest of the story.......

    Carol

    ReplyDelete