Saturday, January 19, 2013

December Auction

So -- if it's a Saturaday -- Bert and I are kicking about.  Maybe, if we're lucky -- there'll be an auction in DeWitt, Iowa.   We both have our favorite things to bid on...I'm a BIG sucker for something like this... 

At first glance --it could just look like dozens of random lamps...


There are bleachers full of "flats" full of all kinds of stuff...books, silverware, kitchen stuff...

You have to LOOK CLOSER -- to find that great pair of expensive kitchen shears...or real silver serving spoons...


You've GOT TO ADMIT -- this lamp would be a real conversation piece, eh??

On this particular auction a few weeks ago -- I ran into two of my favorite people. My sister Ronda and her daughter Amy...

Amy thought I should bid on this wonderful set of chairs. SHE IS RIGHT. I LOVED THEM...and they were SOO COMFORTABLE...the formica table that matched the set was also in perfect condition. My problem was that, I JUST BOUGHT A NEW SET last summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment