Thursday, March 15, 2012

Texas Tenors

On the NIGHT BEFORE I LEFT TOWN -- for my "really big show" -- Sew Expo -- there was a local event I just could not resist.

And, of course, I decided to turn it into an "Aunt Rita Adventure". With two of my favorite nieces -- Ronda's girls -- Amy and Nicole. They are the mothers of Parker, Landon, Memphis, Cale, Garrett and Cash. And it's a rare thing for me to have a bit of time with these busy young Moms...

My bags were all packed and ready to go to Puyallup -- so on this night -- we started off with dinner at Granite City...

THEN -- the surprise was a concert at the Waterfront convention center. The TEXAS TENORS were back in town...and I knew they put on a wonderful show...

Sitting a few rows in front of us -- we ran into Aunt Ada!! IT IS SUCH A SMALL WORLD...

I also invited my sister Deborah to join us. She was in town for a family emergency...and it was a quick Iowa trip for her -- because she had to get back to Nashville to finish up her work so that she could fly to Puyallup at the end of the week...

But WE ALL ENJOYED THE EVENING. I'm a very big fan of living in the moment. Which sometimes means planning things well in advance, and enjoying the anticipation of a big event. At other times, it means doing things at the spur of the moment, with very little planning...

This night was definitely the latter. Amy and Nicole didn't have much notice -- and Deborah had no idea when she drove through the night to get to Iowa that the Texas Tenors were in her future.

But they were amazing. It was a wonderful concert and I treasure these women...I am so glad they're part of my life...and willing to play my "adventure" game...

No comments:

Post a Comment