Monday, March 19, 2012

Lessons Are Hard

Hey -- if you're doing it right -- Life is NEVER EASY.

Recently, my son Elliott got out of the Army. Finding a new job is not going to be easy.

In the middle of a problematic day, he texted, "My life lessons are always hard".

I texted back, "if it wasn't hard, it's not a lesson"...

Right now -- my lessons seem to be all about the 1600 pictures that are spinning on my hard drive from the 2012 Sew Expo. yikes. What a mess. Still. Thanks to the dozen or so of you who have taken the time to email possible solutions. I have not given up....yet...

Last Monday, my entire computer started to download data off the hard drive -- and
even after a week in the shop -- these pictures are still a bungle-jungle mess.

I was delighted to find a few pictures from our trip to Pike Place Market...however...

when I tried to upload the picture of the four of us, sitting on the brass pig -- this is what came up. You're cute, girls...and I cannot imagine why you're calling yourself "losers".....

WHAT WERE WE DOING??? I think it's from Sunday morning -- right??

THIS picture was supposed to be the guy actually THROWING THE BIG FISH...but instead -- it's Cathy -- who gave me the delicious cake balls....and I'm pretty sure this is the Coats & Clark Charity event...right?? Is that Marilyn behind her? Did ya'll get the cute little Coats & Clark tin purse??


Then, I see a picture of Marilyn and her Mom in the Sunday morning audience. But when I tried to upload it -- this picture came up instead. It actually WAS from Pike Place Market -- and I'm happy about that. We surely had a wonderful time there....but what happened to Marilyn and her mother??

Ugh...

Okay -- since this picture came up and I may never see it again -- I should write about the great time we had on our "Savour Seattle" tour that day. We ate the best clam chowder in the world -- chocolate covered cherries, fresh fruit, delicious smoked salmon...it was everything we'd hoped it would be and MORE...

On Facebook, one Washington native told me that I called it "Pike's Place Market" -- and I should be more careful or I'd be taken for a TOURIST.

I laughed and replied that I was proud to be a TOURIST...and since two of my sisters are calling it "Pike's Peak Market"...I still feel kinda superior....in a very small way...

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely surprise this morning, Rita! I'm sorry you are having difficulty getting the pictures sorted out, but it was fun to see the picture of Cathy with my daughter, Olivia. :) Yes, they both received one of those lovely, lovely tins and I did as well. :) Those are pretty special.

    I hope you get your picture situation sorted out. I'm looking forward to seeing more of them. Welcome home to Elliot!

    ReplyDelete