Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Rita's Posse

Okay -- what I'd REALLY LIKE TO BLOG ABOUT would be my wonderful 2012 Sew Expo SISTER'S TRIP. But I can't get the pictures to upload...

SO -- instead of a mystery picture blog post -- I decided to write about the emotion of that great sister's trip -- with another group of supportive women.

MY CLUBBERS...

We started off as a "book club" -- and there were more of us. But we SO ENJOYED OUR TIME TOGETHER -- we decided to make it a "breakfast club" -- and we get together once a week.

Every Tuesday morning -- we get together for breakfast and the "download"...this picture was taken in December, when Mary came for her annual visit...Linda K., Mary, Linda P., Sandy and me....

On another day -- in the parking lot -- we sometimes look like we're doing a drug deal. Except it's fabric...


Because almost every week -- we have a little "Sew & Tell"...this was my NEW TOTE BAG from the Inspired 2 Sew girls, Jan Potter (mother of the Hey Rita tote) and Bonne Swett.
Linda is the "artist" of our group. Who could forget her very interesting take on dryer lint...

The fabric I'm showing them on this day came from the Kansas City Original Sewing & Quilt Expo!! Emma Seabrooke had the MOST WONDERFUL collection of that stretchy ruffle print!! IT WAS SOO BEAUTIFUL...

I was explaining how these stretchy knits can be made into little baby girl rompers...

Here's a picture my niece Kelcy texted to me...it shows a little girl wearing a strapless "romper". You just cut a small piece of the stretchy ruffled fabric -- stitch the "crotch" -- and it just pulls up under her arms. Well -- honestly -- a picture really IS worth a thousand words...

So -- if you are anywhere in the vicinity of Cleveland, Ohio this weekend you should come come to the Original Sewing & Quilt Expo. And BRING YOUR POSSE...bring your clubbers, your real sisters, your sewing sisters or your co-workers...

Come join us for some GIRLFRIEND FUN...because there is no better therapy in the entire world than spending time with like-minded women who love you.

Believe me -- I know what I'm talking about...

But you should get there early if you want to beat me to Emma's booth to see what new ruffly fabrics she brought to the show!!

No comments:

Post a Comment